Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 2, 2015

Baked Eggrolls - Pinterest Pick #4

I love me some eggrolls!  Crispy outer skin, warm delicious filling... Sign me up.  I wanted to try a healthier versions at home, so when I came across a recipe for baked eggrolls on Pinterest I just had to try them. Now this is the first Pinterest Pick I've had that, while passable, is not something I will make again.  The filling is great, but the baked eggroll wrappers are just not as good as when you fry them, and therefore not as satisfying for me.  If you are looking for a healthier way to eat eggrolls, you should definitely try this, but I'll keep on eating mine fried.  Instead of shrimp I made my eggrolls with chicken, I just diced the chicken very finely.  The coleslaw mix was great to use, and definitely a time saver for the filling.  
Find the original pin HERE and the recipe on this WEBSITE.
And follow me on Pinterest HERE.

Baked Eggrolls


Ingredients:

  • 10 eggroll wrappers (1/2 a package)
  • 1 1/2 breasts boneless, skinless chicken, diced finely
  • 1/2 package of coleslaw mix (8 oz)
  • 1 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbs stir fry sauce
  • vegetable oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400
Stir fry chicken in wok with vegetable oil over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add in coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and sesame oil.  Cook for a couple of minutes until coleslaw mix is tender.  Remove from heat.
Take an eggroll wrapper.  Place a line of cooled filling in the middle.  Fold both ends over.  Starting from one end, roll wrapper until closed.  Place on cooling rack placed on baking sheet.  Repeat with remaining wrappers.  Spray with cooking spray.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Serve with soy sauce or duck sauce for dipping.
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment