Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 15, 2011

Hot And Sour Soup - Home Cooked Recipe 23

I mentioned in an earlier post I wrote about P.F. Changs that I was going to copy their Hot And Sour soup.  I found a recipe online that seemed to be close, so I altered it slightly, and that is our recipe for this week.
ALSO -
Congratulations to Priscilla in New Mexico for winning our contest for a free Duncan Hines product!

Hot And Sour Soup

Ingredients
  • 6 ounces of chicken breast, thinly sliced
  • 4 cups of chicken stock
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 6 ounces bamboo shoots, julienned
  • 6 ounces of mushrooms, julienned
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 4 ounces rice vinegar
  • *6 ounces tofu, optional (I did NOT include tofu)
Directions:
Cook chicken through and set aside.  Bring chicken stock to a boil, add soy sauce, pepper, bamboo, mushrooms, and chicken.  Let cook for 3 minutes. Combine water and cornstarch in sepearte bowl.  Add a little at a time to soup.  Stir soup until thick.  Add eggs and stir while cooking.  Turn off heat.  Add vinegar (you would also add tofu at this point if you were including it).  Spoon in to bowls.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment