Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 20, 2020

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole - CROCK*POT CAFE 15

It's always a bonus when I am searching for recipes and I end up making one that quickly becomes a family favorite. This dish is definitely one of those. Because who doesn't want a creamy, cheesy, comforting dish in winter? Or anytime? Because really, we don't have a whole lot of winter here where I live. But hubs and I always want a creamy, cheesy dinner! And the best part about this one is that your slow cooker will do the majority of the work for you. It is so easy and delicious - and easily adaptable!

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Slow Cooker Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts, diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 can condensed broccoli cheese soup
  • 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 & 1/2 cups long grain white rice (NOT COOKED)
  • 1/2 stick butter (4 TBSP) sliced
  • 4 oz shredded cheddar


Directions:
Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray of your choice - do NOT skip this step. Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT shredded cheddar in a mixing bowl. Pour in to your greased slow cooker, making sure butter slices, chicken chunks, and rice are evenly distributed. Top with shredded cheddar. Cook on low for 4 hours. I serve it with a salad. ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment