Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 18, 2017

Simply Sides 22 - Potato Gratin

Creamy, cheesy potatoes? Yes please.  Potatoes with cheese is one of the great comfort combinations of our time.  And this simple side dish will satisfy that comfort food craving.  Serve with any protein and veggie.  It'll be the highlight of your meal!

Potato Gratin

Ingredients:

  • 4 large potatoes, thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 stick butter, sliced
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 4 oz grated sharp cheddar
  • 4 oz grated gruyer
  • salt & pepper


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.  Place a thin layer of potatoes on the bottom.  Add a few onion slices.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Dot a few butter slices on top.  Sprinkle a bit of cheddar and gruyer.  Repeat two to three more times. Drizzle heavy cream over top of dish.  Bake for 1 hour.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment