Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 5, 2014

Restaurant Review 18 - San Jose's Original Mexican Restaurant

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  In celebrating today, I thought I would write a post about Mexican food.  I recently moved and there is a great little Mexican place close to my house.  It is not the best Mexican food I ever had, but is pretty good, and more than satisfies my cravings.  
San Jose's Original Mexican Restaurant has three locations in the metro Orlando area.  One is Clermont, one in Ocoee, and one in Altamonte Springs.  In addition to sitting down at one of the locations to eat, San Jose's offers both carry-out and catering.  You can find more out about the restaurant, including hours and addresses by visiting their website.
As you may have guessed by reading this blog, I LOVE enchiladas.  San Jose's offers a dinner platter with 5 different enchiladas, called Enchiladas Supreme.  They are topped with pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole.  They also offer lettuce, but I am still in the phase where I cannot stand warm lettuce so I ask them not to put it on my order.  They are very accommodating there, and instead of getting all 5 different varieties, I get my plate with 3 cheese and 2 shredded beef.  Yum!
They have a lot of standard fair, including tacos, burritos, chimichangas, fajitas, and quesadillas.  There is a whole section of House Specialties, and Monday through Saturday they have a lunch menu.  There are also daily specials.I am going to be trying the fajitas on my next visit, we saw someone order them the last time I was there, and they looked and smelled delicious.
San Jose's California burrito is enormous.  If you are especially hungry, this is the burrito for you.  You get your choice of meat, and sauce for the top.
The chimichangas are delish, fried to perfection, and a much more reasonable size.  My friend was so enamored with hers that she ordered it again the next time she went.
I did not try them yet, but the quesadillas are said to be quite tasty. 
Service is a hit or miss sometimes.  On a Sunday visit, our server was prompt, attentive, and sent over other workers when he was busy to make sure our party's needs were met.  One Saturday when it was just me and my bf we got excellent service, but on another Saturday, the service was poor.  I am fairly confident this was due to a bit of a language barrier.  The server did try to make up for this by not charging us for our drinks. 
Give them a try if you are near one of their locations.  It's worth a visit where you will get a tasty meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment