Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 20, 2013

Simply Sides 5 - Oven Roasted Tomatoes

Summer is the time for tomatoes!  They are out in abundance, and are juicy and fresh.  A lot of people can them at the end of the summer so they can have them all winter long.  I decided to go with another approach, and that is to roast them in the oven.  You know I'm obsessed with roasting this year!  Roasting tomatoes gives them another dimension of flavor.  By caramelizing them a layer of sweetness and depth comes out.  Use them as a side dish with a nice fish or chicken dish.  You can puree them to make sauces or add them to sauces.  They are great toppings for wraps/sandwiches. And they make a nice healthy snack!
Here's how I made them:

Oven Roasted Tomatoes

Ingredients:
3 large tomatoes quartered (don't cut them any smaller or they shrivel up too much)
1 head of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
Olive oil

Salt and pepper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.
Line a baking sheet with foil.

Place garlic cloves and tomatoes on sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss so tomatoes and garlic are covered with olive oil and spices.
Roast for 1 hour, then check every 10 minutes after that until tomatoes are done.  See picture below as guideline.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment