Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 16, 2013

We Made Room For Dessert 7 - Magic Bars

I know why this dessert that I'm about to give you the recipe for is titled "magic" bars... Because they are absolutely delicious and will satisfy your sweet craving!  While the title of this blog is No Room For Dessert, I do occasionally post dessert recipes, and this snack bar is precisely the reason why.  The great thing about these bars is that you could add, substitute, or remove ingredients to suit them to your taste.  I am going to give you the recipe for what I made, and then give you some suggestions for what you could add/substitute.
Magic Bars
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2cups graham cracker crumbs (or about 6 graham crackers crushed up)
  • 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup flaked coconut -this ingredient makes these bars but if you don't like coconut leave it out-
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (you can use milk, semi-sweer, dark, etc - or sub in something else)
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips (this can also be left out - or use vanilla chips)
***suggestions (a cup or so)
peanut butter chips
butterscotch chips
peanuts, walnuts - whatever your fav nut is
1 10oz jar maraschino cherries
dried cherries/cranberries

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 9x13 pan.
Mix melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and press into bottom of greased pan.  Next pour sweetened condensed milk over graham cracker crumbs, spreading into an even layer.  Sprinkle on your coconut, then your chocolate and white chocolate chips, pressing them down slightly.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Cool, then cut into bars.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment