Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







October 19, 2012

Snickerdoodles - We Made Room For Dessert 5

 The last dessert recipe I posted was a cookie recipe as well.  The good thing about cookies is that they are generally fast to mix up, and they get done in 10 minutes or less.  So when I had the desire for a new sweet treat, I looked at what I had on hand and new could make snickerdoodles.  Now snickerdoodles don't actually have Snickers in them (much to my partners dismay), but they are tasty cinnamon sugar cookies.  After looking at a few recipes online, I found one that sounded easy, tweaked a couple of things to suit my tastes, and started baking some cookies.

Snickerdoodles
Ingredients:
1 cup of butter (or margarine)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar plus 3 tbs (for rolling dough in)
2 3/4 cups of flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tbs to 1 1/2 tbs of ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, beat well.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar together. 
Slowly add dry ingredients into wet, making sure everything is well incorporated, but not over mixed.
Chill dough for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
Mix together 3 tbs sugar and 1 tbs cinnamon.  Remove dough from refrigerator, form into small balls, and roll in cinnamon mixture.  Place on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheet onto cooling rack.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment