Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







November 1, 2011

Roast Pork and Potatoes - Home Cooked Recipe 18


We've always eaten pork in my family, and one of my favorite things to eat is baked pork tenderloin.  There are so many ways you can season and flavor a pork tenderloin.  You can make it Mexican, Asian, Italian, or any other way you can think of.  You can marinate it or dry rub it or baste it while it's cooking.  I came across what I thought looked like a great recipe that had some simple ingredients that I already had in my pantry.  It came out absolutely delicious, and I served with it some simply roasted potatoes.  Here are those recipes.

Rosemary And Garlic Pork Loin

Marinade:
1/3 cup apple juice
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs dried rosemary
salt and pepper
2 tbs sugar

2lb - 3lb pork loin, or tenderloin divided in to 2 pieces

Combine all ingredients into a freezer bag, mix well.  Add your pork loin, or tenderloin.  I tie mine up with butchers twine so that I have smaller medallions when I slice it later.  Marinate for at least 6 hours in the fridge, overnight is better.

Cook in the oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer inserted reads 160 degrees.  You can also grill your pork over medium heat.

Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Simple Roasted Red Potatoes

3-4 petite red potatoes, sliced thin (I use a mandolin)
1 small onion, sliced
3 tbs butter, melted
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Mix the potatoes and onion together with butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper til potatoes and onions are evenly coated.  Spread in one layer in a baking dish.  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of parmesan.  Bake with pork at 325 for at least 30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender,  When they are finished cooking, remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.  Serve with sliced pork. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment