Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 21, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas With Green Chile Sauce - Home Cooked Recipe 3

I have always made beef enchiladas with red sauce and cheddar cheese.  But as I was perusing through recipes on a few food sites and blogs, I thought it would be interesting to try my hand at chicken enchiladas.  Here is how I made them:
2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded - I will be posting my chicken poaching recipe soon!
2 small cans of Old El Paso Mild Green Chile sauce
8 oz block of monterey jack cheese
8 corn tortillas (plus oil for frying if you make them the way I did)
Scallions, chopped
Sour cream
Fresh salsa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Fry each tortilla for 2 seconds per side in oil that is preheated to 350 degrees.  You can use a pan to do it, but we have a deep fryer at home so that's how I fry mine.  Make sure to drain on plenty of paper towels. 
Shred your block of monterey jack cheese (you can buy this pre-shredded if you prefer to save time).  Pour half a can of the chile sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.  Mix a handful of cheese, all the chicken, and the other half of the can of sauce together. Put a tablespoon or two of the filling in each tortilla and roll.  Place seam side down in baking dish.  After all tortillas are rolled and in the pan, cover with the remaining can of green chile sauce.  Top with remaining shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Before removing from oven, you can broil on high for 1-2 minutes to get the yummy browned cheese that you see in my picture.  Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.  Top each serving with some chopped scallions, and put a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa on the side.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment