Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 19, 2016

We Made Room For Dessert 26 - Glazed Donut Bread Pudding

This. Is. DELICIOUS!  Warning, this is not diet friendly and may have a bazillion calories.  But when we make room for dessert, we definitely make room.  This bread pudding is amazing.  It is so easy, and can easily be doubled for a bigger group. Try it, try it, try it!

Glazed Donut Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

  • 6 glazed donuts (I used Krispy Kreme, that is what I recommend, but I bet any glazed donut that's your favorite will be yummy)
  • 1/2 cup raisins (I soak mine in water then drain 30 minutes before) - this is optional
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tbs cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • dash of salt
  • ***other optional additions could be pecans or walnuts, and maybe diced apple.  Just add when you would add raisins



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.  Beat together well.  Cut each donut in to 6 pieces.  Put pieces in custard, making sure each piece gets soaked with custard.  Stir in raisins and let sit for 10 minutes.  Grease a 9X9 baking dish with nonstick spray.  Pour in bread pudding.  Bake for 45 minutes.  Eat plain, or serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment