Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







April 6, 2015

We Made Room For Dessert 21 - Brownie Pie

We are making room for dessert this week!  Every now and then my sweet tooth flairs up and I just need a treat.  For the past month or so on Facebook I have seen several people post about brownie pie.  It's so easy to make!  Plus it's super affordable, I got the brownie mix BOGO (my cost for this box was $1), the graham crust was only 85 cents at my local Aldi, and I got the whipped topping at Aldi for 89 cents.  Factor in the small amount of egg and oil used, and I spent under $3 to make the whole pie.  Some recipes call for having a homemade brownie batter, but I used a box mix and I think that saved even more time.  It's very rich but so yummy.  And you can easily add to it with things like pecans, walnuts, etc.  And you can change up the topping by making your own flavored whipped cream.  Or even better, make it a S'mores Brownie pie by topping it with marshmallows (when it's done baking), and broiling for a minute OR by just topping with marshmallow fluff after baking.

Brownie Pie

Ingredients:

  • 1 premade graham cracker crust
  • 1 box brownie mix (plus an egg, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 water to make batter)
  • whipped topping


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Begin by making brownie batter (in my case, following package instructions).  Pour batter into pie shell.  Bake for 35-40 minutes.  Let cool 30-60 minutes.  Top with whipped topping.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment