Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







April 13, 2015

Pork Carnitas - Crock*Pot Cafe 5

We love pulled pork in our house.  I wanted to jazz it up by making it carnitas style, with that bit of Latin flair.  Plus this is a great slow cooker recipe, because it cooks a LONG time, perfect for my long workdays.  You can serve it in tacos or enchiladas or as a sandwich.  Very versatile!

Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 lb pork shoulder (aka pork butt, aka boston butt)
  • 1 tbs chili powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 large onion, sliced into rings
  • limes


Direction:
Cut pork roast into large cubes.
Combine spices and toss pork cubes with spices until well coated. Place in slow cooker. Sprinkle onion rings around.
Pour chicken broth around pork cubes (do NOT pour directly over).
Place cover on top and cook on low for 10+ hours.
When pork is cooked, shred with 2 forks. Preheat broiler.  Spread shredded pork on baking sheet. Broil for 3-5 minutes. Squeeze lime to taste over and toss well. Serve as desired (taco, sandwich, etc).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment