Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 12, 2015

Latin Beef - Home Cooked Recipe 64

I needed a new recipe for ground beef and I was looking for something with a Latin flair.  I looked up some recipes online and decided to combine a couple to make my own ground beef recipe.  I call it Latin Beef (creative I know, LoL). It's easy, inexpensive, and perfect for a weeknight meal.

Latin Beef

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup of peas
1/2 a potato, small dice
1 small onion, small dice
1 packet sazoñ
1 tbs adobo seasoning
fresh ground black pepper
8 oz can tomato sauce
***I served mine with yellow rice, just make a packet according to manufacturer instruction

Directions:
Brown ground beef.  Add in onions and potatoes when you start beef .  When beef is browned and potatoes are mostly cooked through (10-15 minutes), add sazoñ, adobo and cook 2 minutes. Add in tomato sauce, then peas a couple minutes later.  Season with pepper to taste. Serve with yellow rice.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment