Corned Beef (Slow Cooker Method)
- 2-3 lb corned beef brisket (I bought a 2.5 lb flat cut beef)
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 16 oz can beer (I used Bud Light, a lot of people use Guiness)
- 1/2 cup water mixed with 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs yellow mustard (really, you can use whatever kind of mustard you like)
Place carrots on bottom of slow cooker insert. Top with onion quarters. Place corned beef on top. Pour beer around (but not on top) of beef. Sprinkle season packet that comes with beef all around. Spread mustard over top of brisket. Pour water/sugar mixture all over crockpot. Place lid on top. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. ***Note, you can also cook this on high for 4-5 hours but I prefer the longer cooking method.