Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 24, 2015

Corned Beef - Crock*Pot Cafe 4

St. Patrick's Day dinner is one of my favorite dinners throughout the year.  I absolutely adore corned beef.  And all the sides are delicious and comforting, which makes it a great meal all around.  I have a great recipe for fried cabbage that I'll share with you in the future.  Even people who claim they don't like cabbage enjoy it.  And then I just make some mashed potatoes on the side, because I prefer my potatoes mashed over any other way.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Corned Beef (Slow Cooker Method)

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 lb corned beef brisket (I bought a 2.5 lb flat cut beef)
  • 1 bag of baby carrots
  • 2 large onions, quartered
  • 1 16 oz can beer (I used Bud Light, a lot of people use Guiness)
  • 1/2 cup water mixed with 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbs yellow mustard (really, you can use whatever kind of mustard you like)


Directions:
Place carrots on bottom of slow cooker insert.  Top with onion quarters.  Place corned beef on top.  Pour beer around (but not on top) of beef.  Sprinkle season packet that comes with beef all around.  Spread mustard over top of brisket.  Pour water/sugar mixture all over crockpot.  Place lid on top.  Cook on low for 10-12 hours.  ***Note, you can also cook this on high for 4-5 hours but I prefer the longer cooking method.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment