Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







March 4, 2014

Crock*Pot Beer Chicken - Crock*Pot Cafe 2

So it's been a few weeks since I've posted a recipe.  And today is Mardi Gras!  In honor of that, I wanted to make something with Creole or Cajun influences.  But I also don't have a lot of time, so I wanted to use my Crock*Pot.  So today I am trying a brand new recipe called Crock*Pot Beer Chicken.  Beer, creole seasoning, and chicken.  As Ina Garten would say, "how bad can that be?".

Crock*Pot Beer Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
12 ounces of your favorite beer (I used Bud Light)
Sprinkle of granulated garlic

Sprinkle of granulated onion
Sprinkle of seasoning salt
Sprinkle of black pepper

2 tablespoons Creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere)

Directions:

Season chicken with spices.  Place in slow cooker.  Pour in beer.  Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.  So easy! Serve with your favorite veggie or salad, and a grain such as rice or couscous.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment