Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







June 5, 2017

Greek Hash - Home Cooked Recipe #78

I may have mentioned previously that I love Greek food, but in case you missed it, I REALLY love Greek food! I came up with this dish that I call Greek Hash. It is inspired by a dish at my favorite Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs, FL called Greek chow mein, but with my own twists that are easy to prepare at home. I serve the hash with my tzatziki, and you can find that receipe HERE. It is an easy weeknight meal that is savory and delicious.

Greek Hash

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 bag Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
  • 8oz crumbled Feta
  • 1 onion, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbs Greek seasoning (I use one I get shipped in from NY, but they do have brands in the spice aisle of the grocery store)
  • ***optional: roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, olives


Directions:  
In one pan brown ground beef. In a separate pan, Cook hash browns as package directs, along with onion and salt & pepper. Once beef and hash browns are fully cooked, combine together and Greek spice.  Toss in half of Feta, and any additional options as desired.  Plate and top with remaining Feta.  Serve with tzatziki.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment