Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 5, 2016

Edamame Hummus - Pinterest Pick #12

Hummus is a great snack because it is high in protein. But instead of using chickpeas I got the idea from Pinterest to use edamame!  While not as high in protein, it is still a good choice.  Super delicious, and the edamame have a fresher taste than chickpeas. So easy, you can make it quick for a healthy snack or a delicious appetizer! Find the Pin HERE and the original recipe HERE.

Edamame Hummus

Ingredients:

  • 16 oz bag shelled edamame
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 3 tablespoons Tahini
  • salt and pepper


Directions:
In a food processor, place garlic and pulse a few times to rough chop.  Add in edamame, spices, lemon juice and Tahini.  Puree together for a minute.  Stream in olive oil and puree for a minute or two until hummus is smooth.  Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment