Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 14, 2015

Corn Dog Mini-Muffins - Pinterest Pick #10

I have seen this recipe on Pinterest several times and a couple weeks ago I thought that it was time to make it!  You can find my pin for it HERE and the original recipe HERE. To make it better, next time, I need to bake it about 2-3 minutes less.  Also, I might add some shredded cheese right before I push the hot dogs in.  The only thing I changed in this recipe so far was to pre-bake my hot dogs before putting them in the muffin tin, because I like my hot dogs really well done.  You do it the way you like!

Mini Corn Dog Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 3 hot dogs, cut into 8 pieces each

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.  If you are pre-baking your hot dog pieces, now is the time to stick them in the oven!
Prepare batter by stirring together Jiffy mix, eggs, and milk.  Let rest 5 minutes. Spoon a tablespoon of batter in each mini muffin cup.  (My pan has 24 slots.)
Place a hot dog bite in the middle of each batter cup.  Bake for 10 minutes (Next time I will only bake for 8, so you could start with 8 minutes and check on them from there).  I served mine with homemade honey mustard.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment