Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







November 21, 2011

PF Chang's - Restaurant Review 2

My agenda for this blog for this week was to post about a restaurant, a recipe, and then include a special Thanksgiving post.  Today I'm going to start with the restaurant review.
My last review was for a stand-alone restaurant, and this review is for a chain.
This past weekend, I went to P.F. Chang's with a companion.  Previously, I have only been there twice, and I haven't been there in at least three years.  I think the food there is delicious, but is expensive (at least I think so) and I am on a budget.
Hot And Sour Soup
The decor in the restaurant is very nice.  It is warm, and I can only describe it as modern Asian, with lots of browns and clean lines.  The service was very good, except for the hostess, who we found to be kind of clueless.  Normally when two people walk up to the hostess stand during lunchtime the host or hostess will say "two for lunch?".  This particular hostess just stared at us blankly until we spoke up.  Our waiter was good though, quite attentive without being overbearing.    The person who brought out our entrees looked like a manager and was also very thoughtful.
Luckily because we did go for lunch, they had some lunch-priced items that were more apt for my budget.  I was able to order the Pepper Steak, which is served with your choice of white or brown rice, and also comes with a bowl of soup (your choice of Hot and Sour or Egg-drop) for approximately $10.  My companion also ordered a lunch item, the Beef and Broccoli, which also came with a choice of rice and a choice of soup.
I have never had Hot and Sour soup before.
Pepper Steak
Beef And Broccoli
I LOVED it!  I don't know if is just P.F. Chang's version that was so delicious, but now I am determined to try it at other Asian restaurants, and to make it at home.  It was served with a side of crispy noodles (which I also adore) that added a great crunch when mixed in with the soup.
My entree, the Pepper Steak, was also very good.  But I have to say, it was a bit spicier than I expected.  Normally when I order Pepper Steak it is flavorful, but not spicy.  I was ok with it having a kick to it, but had it been any spicier I wouldn't have been able to eat it.  I have a mild to medium spiciness tolerance.  There were lots of bell peppers, both red and green, and ample amounts of onion as well.  The beef was tender and there was a lot of it.  I ate my entree over two meals.  I enjoy white rice more than brown, so I chose to have the white with my meal.
My companion also chose the Hot and Sour soup for his meal, and white rice instead of brown.  The beef in his Beef and Broccoli was also tender.  The dish was well-flavored and did not have spiciness to it.  There was plenty of broccoli.  He was also able to stretch his entree over two meals.
I will definitely visit P.F. Chang's again, even if it's only for the soup.  I would probably choose to go at lunch again, when the prices are a little more reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment