Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 18, 2015

Pepper Steak - Crock*Pot Cafe 6

One of my favorite dishes to eat at Asian style restaurant is pepper steak.  One of my besties is always talking about his mom making it for dinner.  I have never made it at home before, but last week I thought I would give it a try. I did it in the slow cooker because right now I am all about meals that cook themselves with very little effort from me.  It was super easy and delicious!

Crock*Pot Pepper Steak
***NOTE: To make this recipe gluten free, sub cornstarch for the flour, and liquid aminos for the soy saue


Ingredients:
  • 1 to 1 1/2lbs sirloin steak, sliced thin
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced into large dice
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced into large dice
  • 1 red onion, sliced (use any kind of onion you like, I just had red on hand)
  • 1 cup chicken broth (use any kind, beef or vegetable will work too)
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1 cup flour
  • salt and pepper


Directions:
Mix together salt and pepper with flour.  Toss steak slices in flour until well coated.  Shake off excess.  Pour chicken broth and soy sauce into slow cooker.  Add oyster sauce and stir well.  Add onions and peppers.  Top with steak and give a quick stir.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Stir before serving. I served mine with white rice that I made in my rice cooker.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment