Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 22, 2014

We Made Room For Dessert 13 - Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites

We made room to have dessert this week!  I am not much of a baker or dessert maker, but when I saw the recipe for these on Pinterest I knew even I could make these.  Plus they sounded deliciously decadent!  You can find the original recipe here, on Julie's Eats & Treats.  Find the my pin here.

Cheesecake, apple pie, yummy glaze... What's not to like?  Super easy, I modified the recipe a little for what I had on hand.  You can sub whatever pie filling is your favorite, and I had the idea as well that subbing Nutella for pie filling would be AMAZING.  The original glaze is just two ingredients (super simple), but I added cinnamon and vanilla as well to mine to amp up the flavor factor.

I had my bf and a girlfriend try it... They both loved it.  I think you will love it too!!!

Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites

Ingedients:

  • Cheesecake *** Important note - this cheesecake filling is amazing, and if you doubled the recipe, a great idea would be to use it as a dip for fruit (try it!)
  • 4 ounces softened cream cheese
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tbs milk
  • Assembly
  • 1 package of cresent rolls (mine contained 8)
  • 1 can pie filling (I used Comstock Caramel Apple)
  • Glaze
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tin.
Mix together cheesecake ingredients until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
Unroll and separate cresent rolls.  Place one in each muffin tin. Top with a spoonful of pie filling.  Top with a spoonful of cheesecake mixture.  Fold corners of cresents over top.  Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
Mix together all ingredients of glaze until smooth.  Drizzle over top of bites.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment