Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Special

Annnnnddd football season has ended! This past Sunday we watched Super Bowl 47, where the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers. I'm sure there are a lot of people in this country who are sad that the football season ended, but I am not one of those people. For I am a football widdow, and now I get my Sunday's back. At least briefly until NASCAR starts. I'm more of a baseball gal, and while I really would watch any sport live, I have to say, I am glad my Sunday TV programming won't consist of a 100 football games. That being said, I went to a great Super Bowl party this year! The food was AWESOME, and there were so many things to choose from. The hostess had 38lbs of live crawfish flown in from Lousiana, and one of our friends boiled them up in thise delicious seasoning along with lemon, garlic, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms. I tore them up, they were so good! On the spicy side, but we've talked about my branching out in to the spicier side of life lately. There were also other goodies like Buffalo Chicken Dip, a melted cheese dip with sausage and salsa, 2 types of macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, burgers, pasta salad, deviled eggs, little meatballs in a BBQ type sauce, and gumbo. Pretty good spread! My contribution was a chili cheese dip, and that's the recipe I'll be giving in this post. This recipe is SUPER simple, SUPER delicious, and SUPER quick to make. You only need three ingredients (plus a bag of tortilla chips for serving). Make it for your next party, I guarantee it to be a crowd pleaser!

Chili Cheese Dip 


Ingredients:

  • 8 oz cream cheese (left come to room temp, about 1-2 hours on your counter)
  • 15 oz can chili (pick your fav, w/beans, w/out beans, vegetarian, chicken, etc - it's also delicious with homemade chili, I've tried it before with much success, use 2 cups)
  • 8-16 oz shredded cheddar (use as much or as little as you like, you can also use those Mexican blends) 


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spread cream cheese over the bottom of an oven proof dish. (I use foil pans for parties, either 8in square pans or 9in pie pans, and at home use the same size in your normal bakeware). Top cream cheese with chili. Sprinkle cheddar over top (I like to make sure my top is fully covered in cheddar). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment