Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







February 28, 2013

BONUS RECIPES

I am posting a new recipe for an actual dish tomorrow but in the meantime I wanted to give my readers a couple of quick bonus recipes.  Both are for restaurant copycats.
The first is for Popeye's Cajun Sparkle.  I fell in love with spice over the summer and whenever I go to Popeyes I try to get a few extra packets.  It's great on chicken, rice, potatoes... Really anything you want to kick up a bit.

A Knock-Off Of Popeye's Cajun Sparkle
1 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
Combine all ingredients.  Sprinkle as desired!
I love the ranch dressing at Outback!  I have never found another ranch like it.  It's rich and creamy and has a bit of zip and kick to it that I just adore.  I didn't find an exact replica, but I did find a recipe that gives your normal ranch a nice spicy kick.  It's delish!

A Spin-Off Of Outback's Ranch
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 cup mayo (I use Hellmann's-ALWAYS!)
3/4 cup buttermilk (if you don't have butter milk try adding 1 tbs white vinegar to regular milk, or now Hidden Valley has buttermilk ranch packets, use that)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine spices, add ranch packet mix well.  Stir in mayo, combine well.  Slowly add in buttermilk until fully incorporated.  Refrigerate for at least 30 mins and stir well before serving.  Serve on salads, with chicken, with crudite, whatever you enjoy ranch on/with
!

No comments:

Post a Comment