Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







November 9, 2011

Garlic Chicken and Sesame Noodles - Home Cooked Recipe 19

There are a few food blogs I follow. I follow them because they post great pictures, have great recipes or both.  I was in the mood for Asian food (shocking, I know!) and wanted something I haven't had before.  I found this recipe for garlic chicken on For The Love Of Cooking, which just so happens to be another FoodBuzz Featured Publisher.  It sounded so delicious that I had to try it.  And I have to tell you, I was not disappointed.  This recipe will be something I make over and over.  As a side dish, I wanted to make sesame noodles (which I have had before, but like to try new recipes of) so I found a recipe on The Pioneer Woman.  Also very good, but next time I will cut down on the amount of sugar, as I prefer this dish a little more savory.  Here are there recipes, copied directly from their sites.

Chinese Garlic Chicken
(credit to For The Love Of Cooking)

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized cubes
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce (divided)
  • 1 tbsp dry sherry
  • 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
  • Few drops of sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp chili paste
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp peanut oil
    Chop up the chicken into bite sized chunks. Place in a bowl, mix with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of dry sherry, mix until evenly coated then place into the refrigerator to marinate for 20-25 minutes.

    While the chicken is marinating, prepare the garlic and green onions. Combine the sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and chili paste together in a bowl. Set aside.

    Heat wok and add peanut oil. When oil is hot, add the marinated chicken. Stir-fry briefly on high heat, then add the garlic and green onion. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir until chicken is coated evenly. Total cooking time should be about 5 minutes.
Simple Sesame Noodles 
(credit to The Pioneer Woman)

  • 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
  • 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
  • 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon Hot Chili Oil
  • 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
  • 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin
     
    Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
    Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
    Sprinkle with green onions and toss
I hope you all like these recipes as much as I did!  
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment