Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 15, 2011

Parmesan Tilapia - Home Cooked Recipe 7

I had never eaten tilapia but it was on sale at our local Sam's Club.  We bought a package of 6 HUGE filets for only $13.  We easily could have fed 12 people!  We were browsing for tilapia recipes and found this great recipe for a creamy, cheesy tilapia that I doctored up to fit our tastes.  Below is the recipe!

Parmesan Tilapia
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 tbs mayonnaise
  • 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 2 pounds tilapia fillets
Preheat the broiler on the oven.  Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.   In a bowl, mix together everything but the tilapia.  Arrange your tilapia filets on the lined pan.  Place lemon slices on tilapia filets.  Broil for 3 minutes.  Remove lemon slices, set aside, turn your filets over, and place lemon slices over the filets again.  Broil another 3 minutes.  Remove lemon slices and cover tilapia filets with parmesan mixture.  Broil another 3 minutes and remove from oven.  Place onto plates and serve.  Enjoy!
Finished Parmesan Tilapia

No comments:

Post a Comment