Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 25, 2011

Cheesesteak Eggrolls - Home Cooked Recipe 9

When I think of great sandwiches, I think of the cheesesteak.  I have been to Philly and sampled both Pat's & Geno's.  I've tried several places in Orlando and Tampa, and even NYC.  I make them at home occasionally.  So when I came across a recipe for a mix between cheesesteaks and eggrolls, you know I was headed for the kitchen!  With a crispy fried eggroll shell, and a cheesy beefy filling, these eggrolls are great for a snack, or even for a party!

Cheesesteak Eggrolls
1 tbs oil
1 onion, chopped
1 small package of Steak-Ums (or Steak-Um like product)
14 oz package of eggroll wrappers
8 slices of provolone (the original recipe I used only called for 4 slices of cheese and for us that wasn't enough.  It also called for American cheese, and I find you can use whatever your favorite sliced cheese is)
Oil for deep frying
Ketchup
Heat oil over medium in a skillet.  Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes.  Break your Steak-Ums in to pieces and add in pan with onions.  Cook until meat is browned.  Remove from heat and let cool.
Cut your cheese slices in half.  Lay your eggroll wrappers on a flat surface.  Place half a slice of cheese on each.  Place a spoonful of filling on cheese.  Top with remaining half slices of cheese.  Roll up eggrolls (the packages give you directions, and I demonstrate in the picture view).  You can use an eggwash or water to seal the edges. 
I have a deep fryer, and if you do also, preheat your fryer to 375 degrees.  If you do not have a fryer, heat and inch of oil in a pan to 375 degrees.  Fry the rolls in oil til all sides are browned, approximately 5 minutes.  Remember, the meat is already cooked!  Serve with ketchup.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment