Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 30, 2018

Chicken Paprikash - Home Cooked Recipe #81

Who isn't looking for new chicken recipes? If you're like me, I am always on the search for a new way to serve chicken. I came across a few recipes on the internet for Chicken Paprikash and made my own by blending the recipes I found. It's a fairly easy, one pot meal that takes right around 30 minutes to make.

Chicken Paprikash

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb chicken breasts, diced into bite sized chunks
  • 2 tsp ghee (or butter or oil)
  • 2 medium onions, sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbs flour
  • 1 tbs paprika
  • 1 tbs smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream


Directions:
Heat pan with ghee (butter/oil) over medium. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes until soft. Add in garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and both paprikas and cook for a minute. Whisk in chicken broth. Add the tomatoes and turn heat to medium low. Season mixture with cayenne and salt & pepper. Stir in the chicken and simmer for 25 minutes. Turn off heat, remove pan, and stir in sour cream. Serve over rice or egg noodles. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment