Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







November 12, 2014

Simply Sides 13 - Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I have been struggling with potassium issues (muscle cramps, leg cramps, toe cramps, etc).  Tired of eating a million bananas, and one bout with Pedialyte (don't ask LoL), I was reading up on potassium rich foods and found out that sweet potatoes have the most potassium of all veggies/fruits!  Well, I love sweet potatoes so I bought some and we ate them mashed (which is my go to).  My bf said it felt too much like Thanksgiving, so I looked up some fry recipes that would make sweet potatoes more like an everyday side side dish for us.  Here's one that I tried that was delish!

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients:

  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika


Directions:
Preheat oven to 450.  Line a baking sheet with foil and place in oven to preheat.
In a bowl, mix sweet potato strips with oil and spices.  When oven is preheated, pull out baking sheet and place fries in a single layer on sheet.  Bake for 20-30 minutes.  
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment