Asian Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I always use Kikoman's lite soy)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes - next time I might bump it up to a tablespoon, I like the spice!
- 2 inch piece ginger, grated (it's not exactly the same, but you could also use a teaspoon of ground ginger)
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated - next time I will use more, I also love garlic!
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced (I don't use a lot of the green, mostly I use the white part)
Brown ground beef on medium high in sesame oil. Drain off fat. Add in garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in scallions, mix well. In a bowl, combine soy, sugar, and pepper flakes. Pour over beef and stir well. Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve over white rice. Enjoy!!!