Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 27, 2013

We Made Room For Dessert 10 - Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

As I am sure you know by now, I am a big fan of the show The Chew.  Previously I have brought you a recipe from one of the hosts, Clinton Kelly, for delicious chicken.  Today I want to bring you a recipe from another host, Carla Hall (former Top Chef contestant).  And this recipe is for dessert!  They are a delicious, sweet, chocolaty treat.
You can find the original recipe at:  Carla Hall's Crinkle Cookies

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients:
4 tbs butter
1 egg

1tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Microwave butter and cocoa powder in a bowl together for 45 seconds.  Whisk until smooth and then set aside.
Whisk together egg, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl until mixture is well-blended.  Gradually add this mixture to the cocoa mixture until completely integrated.
Whisk flour and baking powder together.  Stir in chocolate mixture until fully incorporated.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until dough is firm.
Place powder sugar in a shallow pan.  Form dough in to small balls and roll in powdered sugar.  Place balls on baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes.  Allow to cool for 1 minute then transfer to wire cooling rack to finish cooling.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment