Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







May 2, 2013

Simply Sides 2 - Lemon Parmesan Orzo

This week I wanted to bring you another side dish recipe for our new sublabel.  As I stated in the last post about side dishes, I think the sides to a meal are a crucial part of making your meal delicious, and special, and often side dishes can be used as a main meal.  This week the recipe is for Lemon Parmesan Orzo, and it is a pasta side that can brighten up your chicken or fish dinner.
Finished Orzo

Lemon Parmesan Orzo

Ingredients:
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup grated parmesan
2 tbs butter
salt and pepper
3 cups broth (whatever variety you like, I used chicken broth, you can also use water)
1 1/2 cups orzo


Directions:

Orzo Toasting
Melt butter in the bottom of a saucepan.  Add in orzo and lightly saute until slightly toasted.  Add broth, bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes (make sure ALL broth is absorbed in to the pasta). Remove from heat, stir in salt and pepper, lemon, and parmesan.  You can serve this as a hot OR cold side dish.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment