Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







December 5, 2012

Cranberry Cake - We Made Room For Dessert 6

If you're a regular reader of this blog you know I am not much of a baker, or a dessert maker (hence the name of the blog).  But around Thanksgiving time a friend brought me some pieces of Cranberry bread they had made for the holidays and it was so yummy that I thought it would make a perfect breakfast treat.  I researched some recipes, and decided on one I could tweak a little, and make it more like a breakfast cake.  I recommend either spreading it with cream cheese when ready to have a piece, or spreading the whole cake with a cream cheese frosting (extra calories, but extra delicious and filling!).


Finished cake

Cranberry Cake

  • Ingredients:
  • 
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg, beaten lightly
  • 4 tbs melted butter
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (or you could mix it up using another extract, for example, almond or orange extract would lend a delicious and interesting twist to the cake)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk together dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Whisk together wet ingredients; butter, milk, egg, and vanilla (or other extract).
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well until combined. 
Fold in cranberries.
Pour into greased pan and bake for 1 hour.
Let cool (and then top with frosting or cream cheese if desired).
 Enjoy!

Ingredients


Add wet to dry and combine


Fold in cranberries


Pour batter into greased pan





No comments:

Post a Comment