Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







June 6, 2012

Casa Maria Mexican Restuarant - Restaurant Review 5

Casa Maria is a new local Mexican restaurant that has opened within the past few months.  It was an Italian restaurant prior, and is located in a shopping plaza, close to UCF.
I have been searching for a great new Mexican place since my favorite one in the area has closed.  I had been meaning to try this new one, and a couple of weeks ago I finally got around to it.
Casa Maria has a lunch menu where options are reasonably priced, however, I chose my entree from the dinner menu.
The restaurant decor is bright and clean, and tastefully decorated.  While there are Mexican-style decorations, it is not over the top.  The restaurant was slow on my visit, but I did come around 3pm on a weekday, which probably explains why.  The service was fast and friendly.
I ordered the dinner comination #4, which was 2 enchiladas and a taco, served with beans and rice.  I chose 1 shredded beef enchilada, 1 cheese enchilada, and 1 ground beef taco.  You can also choose ground beef, or chicken, if you desire.  While waiting, I was served complimentary chips and salsa, which is fairly standard in Mexican restaurants.  The salsa was fresh, and probably a medium, to medium-hot spice level.  The chips were fresh and crisp.  I did notice that your first basket of chips is free, but I think if you want a second basket, there's a fee.  I did get unlimited salsa however.
The beef enchilada was fairly standard, as was the taco.  Both enchiladas could have used a little more sauce.  I like to have plenty of sauce on mine.  The cheese enchilada was better, the cheese actually stayed warm and melty, which is is not always the case with cheese enchiladas.  The beans were standard as well, just refried beans with a small amount of cheese melted on top.  I did enjoy the rice quite a bit though, it's the kind I've eaten at some other Mexican places, and have learned to make at home.
All in all, it was a decent meal, at a slightly above average price, with good service in a sunny and clean environment.  I don't know that it will be my new favorite Mexican restaurant, but it is quite a bit better than some of the other local places that I've tried.
You can find the restaurant at:
10065 University Blvd
Orlando, FL 
in the Suncrest Plaza.  Or call them at 321-972-2943 for more info.  They are open Sunday through Thursday from 11am to 10pm and Friday's and Saturday's from 11am to 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment