Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 20, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie - Home Cooked Recipe 2

2 9inch pre-made pie crusts (I use Pillsbury)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
1 med onion diced
1 tbs butter
1 tbs flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
*** You can make this recipe in to individual pot pies by dividing each crust in half, or you can make one big pot pie.

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onion in butter until translucent.  Add in flour and cook for 2 minutes.  Whisk in heavy cream, and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and add thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, mixed veggies, and chicken.  Mix well, take off heat, and let cool for 15mins.
Place bottom crust in pie pan(s) - should be one crust for a whole pie, 2 crusts for individual pans.  Bake for 10 mins and then remove from oven. **In order to keep the crusts flat on the bottom, cover crust with foil or parchment paper, then fill with pie weights or dried beans (I use black beans - you can use beans multiple times!)
Fill the shell (shells with chicken/veggie/sauce filling.  Cover with top pie crust(s), and make a few slits in the top crust(s).  Crimp edges to seal.  Bake for at least 40mins, or until top crust is golden brown.

Remove from oven and let cool at least 15mins before serving.  Enjoy!

***I use foil tins for the individual pies, and a glass pie pan for the larger version.  I'll post a picture of the large version soon, these are the individual pies

No comments:

Post a Comment