Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







July 28, 2011

Asian Meatball Sandwiches - Home Cooked Recipe 4

I was looking for new ways to make meatballs online and came across this great recipe that incorporates Asian flavors into meatballs.  I had recently been to a local farmer's market and taste some Korean meatballs that I adore so I decided to go ahead and give Asian meatballs a try.

Meatballs:
1 lb ground beef
4 cloves of garlic, minced (I use a gralic press - much easier!)
3 scallions, finely chopped
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs sriracha
1 tbs sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbs sesame oil, 1 tbs canola or veg oil for browning meatballs
Mix all ingredients except oils together in a bowl.  With moistened hands (moisten with water), roll out golf ball sized meatballs.  Cover and chill at least 15 minutes.  It's very important to chill them before cooking!  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Heat oils in a large skillet and brown meatballs on all sides (you may have to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your pan).  Place on cooling rack on top of baking sheet in oven for 15 minutes.
Veggies:
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup julienned cucumber
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Combine first 5 ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Mayo:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tbs sriracha
2 scallions, finely chopped
Stir all ingredients together.  Chill before serving,

Sandwiches:
Using your favorite sub roll, spread bread with a thin layer of mayo.  Add in 3 to 4 meatballs.  Top with pickled carrots and cucumbers.  Sprinkle with jalapenos and cilantro.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment