Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







June 19, 2014

We Made Room For Dessert 14 - Oreo Pie

We are making room for dessert this week!  Not that I really need it, I think I've been packing on some pounds lately.  But I keep coming across all these great recipes so you know I just HAVE to try them!
Per usual, I came across this recipe on Pinterest.  You can find the original recipe here, on another food blog.  If you love Oreos, this is the dessert for you!

Oreo Pie

Ingredients:
Crust: 
1.5 sleeves of crushed Oreos
1/2 stick of melted butter.

Pie:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter 
1 cup powdered sugar 
1 medium tub cool whip 
3 oz. box instant chocolate pudding 
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1/2 sleeve crushed Oreo Cookies


Directions:
To make the crust, crush up 1.5 sleeves of Oreos and mix with melted butter.  Then deeply press into a pie pan.  Refrigerate while making filling.
For the pie, mix together the cream cheese and the butter until smooth. Carefully fold in the powdered sugar and half of the cool whip. Then pour over the Oreo crust, and set aside.
To make the pudding layer, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and the milk and let it sit for a few minutes (it should start to thicken fairly quickly).  Then pour it over the first layer. Add oreos, stir in to pudding.
Spread the remaining cool whip over the top.
Refrigerate for one hour






No comments:

Post a Comment