Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







September 17, 2012

Soft Peanut Butter Cookies - We Made Room For Dessert 4

While the title of this blog is No Room For Dessert, occasionally we do make room for something sweet.  I do like sweets, especially in moderation.  But I am more of a cook then a pastry/dessert maker, hence the name of the blog.
I am definitely a sucker for cookies.  Chocolate and peanut butter chip being my favorite.  But recently I became in the mood for just peanut butter cookies, and luckily, I had all the ingredients on hand to make them. 
I do NOT care for hard cookies, if they are homemade.  I like my cookies to be soft, slightly chewy, sweet with a hint of savory, bites. So this recipe is for soft, scrumptious peanut butter cookies that are guaranteed to be addictive. (This recipe makes 2 dozen (24) cookies).

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
Directions:
  1. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.
  2. Add egg, beating well.
  3. Add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla.
  4. Mix in flour til dough forms, being careful not to overmix
  5. Roll into balls (about a tablespoon or two) and then roll in sugar (white or brown, your choice). Flatten cookies, using a fork, in a criss-cross pattern.
  6. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, depending on size of cookies


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment