Welcome to my food blog! I am your average home cook and I want to share my love of food with the world. I'll divulge my recipes as often as possible. Feel free to comment or to email me at nodessertpodcast@gmail.com! Don' forget to come by often for new posts... I love having you visit me!







August 18, 2012

Spaghetti Carbonara - Home Cooked Recipe 33

Searching for new pasta recipes is something I do often.  I am a pasta junkie and always want to spice up my weekly meals.  I came across a recipe for pasta carbonara and decided to make my own version.  Below is the recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 3 whole eggs
  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup grated parmesan
  • 1 lb thin spaghetti
  • 1/2 lb bacon, diced
  • 2 cups frozen sweet peas
  • dash of cayenne
  • 1 tbs garlic salt


Directions:
Boil spaghetti according to package directions.  While the pasta is cooking, fry up the bacon until it is crispy. Drain bacon on paper towels, and then add peas to pan with bacon drippings.  Saute peas for 5 mins, or until no longer frozen.  Add cayenne and garlic salt to peas, stir well.  In a large separate bowl, beat 3 eggs together.  Drain pasta, reserving a cup of the pasta water.  Slowly add pasta water to eggs, whisking constantly.  Add pasta, using tongs to make sure eggs coat pasta evenly.  Add peas to pasta, then bacon, again stirring well.  Next, add in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and mix well.  Plate pasta and garnish with more grated parmesan.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment